DIPLO Development Summaries
- The French Presidential Election and the Future of the European Union. Dr Mathew Doidge (University of Canterbury), 17 April 2022.
- The Return to Europe: The Eighteenth Anniversary of the European Union’s First Eastern Enlargement. Dr Mathew Doidge (University of Canterbury), 6 April 2022.
- The Ukraine Crisis: Where is the European Union? Dr Mathew Doidge (University of Canterbury), 22 February 2022.
- Trouble in the Family: Hungary, Poland and the European Union Explained. Dr Mathew Doidge (University of Canterbury), 14 February 2022.
- German Election 2021: The Stuttering Race to Replace Merkel. Dr Mathew Doidge (University of Canterbury), 6 September 2021.
Kelly, Serena (2022) The European Union and Mahuta: New Zealand’s Media Coverage. DIPLO Media Report 2022/01. Christchurch: National Centre for Research on Europe.
Kelly, Serena (2021) New Zealand’s Media Portrayals and Understandings of the European Union: January 2021. DIPLO Media Report 2021/01. Christchurch: National Centre for Research on Europe.
Doidge, Mathew and Kelly, Serena (2022) Understanding Ukraine’s symbolic fight to return to Europe, as the EU marks 18 years since its ‘big bang’ enlargement. The Conversation, 29 April. link
- Republished to Channel News Asia (2022) Commentary: Why is Ukraine so keen to join the European Union?, 3 May. link
Doidge, Mathew and Kelly, Serena (2021) German election: the race to replace Angela Merkel and why it matters to New Zealand. The Conversation, 24 September. link
Kelly, Serena and Griffin, Adam (2020) GIs and Leaks: An update on the EU-NZ FTA negotiations. European Studies Association Australia and New Zealand (ESAANZ) Blog Series, 2(1). link
Kelly, Serena and Doidge, Mathew (2021) Community or Chaos: German Election – Serena Kelly and Mathew Doidge [Radio Broadcast]. OAR, 19 October (1 hr). link